At The Artisans Group, we are always looking for ways to reduce our jobsite waste and to avoid putting anything in the landfill. For you DIY’ers out there, it may be useful for you to know some of our local resources where you can dispose of your project ‘waste’.
Our Preferred Approach
Tacoma, WA (800) 949.5852
This one works great for construction site debris, but the scope of their work is much broader than just that. A pretty cool outfit, worth a look at their site.
Reuse Building Materials
To purchase materials for a project or to drop off (tax deductible) materials from a remodel, we have two local businesses that specialize in reused building materials.
113 State Avenue, Olympia Wa.
Add’l services: deconstruction and partial salvage
415 Olympia Avenue, Olympia Wa.
Operated by South Puget Sound Habitat for Humanity. Proceeds fund affordable housing projects.
Links to other useful sites:
- www.WhereDoITakeMy.org Low cost and free reuse and recycling opportunities in Thurston County
- www.2good2toss.com (items $200 or less)
- www.seattle.craigslist.org ( no price limit)
- www.freecycle.org (all items free)
- www.govlink.org/hazwaste/business/imex (King Cty Haz Waste Program)
I hope you find these links useful… I’d also like to hear from you if you have any links you’d like to add.
Posted on March 09, 2010