New Pacific Northwest Certified Passive House
Delphi Passive House
- A TRIBUTE TO LIGHT, COMFORT & OUR BEAUTIFUL PACIFIC NORTHWEST -
A 2,250 sf custom contemporary Passive House, Delphi elegantly weaves form and function into an oasis of comfort and natural light. This home smiles through the longest of Pacific Northwest winters, and stays comfortable all summer long.
Gently nestled into stunning territorial views of Mt. Rainier, Mt. Saint Helens, and Mt. Adams - Delphi House seamlessly incorporates Aging In Place design with a warm modern aesthetic.
With a single story open-floor plan following Universal Design principles, large windows, and stunning light reflecting cedar clad soffits, Delphi provides graceful assistance throughout life - with an elegant touch.
DELPHI PASSIVE HOUSE FEATURES:
- Passive House energy efficiency - 1/10th the annual energy use of a similar code built house. Less stress on the grid, and greater energy independence for you.
- Whole house Heat Recovery Ventilation system - provides a constant flow of fresh filtered air, vents the stale humidity, and recycles the generated heat. Yes, the appliances, the light bulbs, and you - help heat this home.
- Large windows to maximize the views and the sunlight - with views of three magnificent Pacific Northwest mountains on a clear day to contrast our much maligned gray winters - these windows of Delphi House not only let in the light, they celebrate it.
- Built to state-of-the-art standards - as a Passive House, we exhaustively modeled this home throughout design. We model to maximize beneficial sunlight and we model to minimize overheating. You don’t have to leave comfort up to chance.
- Super-efficient on demand water heating system - provides pleasant radiant floor heat and domestic hot water.
- Universal Design principles - single story open concept with increased accessibility and built-in assistance are all woven into the elegant whole. Meticulous design and craft means a supportive grab bar is also an aesthetically deft touch.
- Cedar trimmed soffit - softens the natural light and reflects along the ceiling in golden hues. Think warm glow all winter long.
- Cork flooring - adds warmth while reducing stress on joints and allergy triggers.
- Generous kitchen - designed to maximize function, its beautiful custom cabinets, large island, and separate prep sink make it great for entertaining or cooking intimate family meals.
- Vetrazzo and quartz counters - with a raised walnut eating bar.
- Luxurious master bath suite - with space to move.
- Custom tiled shower - has a curbless threshold, two shower heads, and a teak fold down bench. Accessibility means an opportunity to make beautiful trouble free ease.
- Playful splashes of color - add a smile throughout the home.
- Custom bookcase - collaboratively designed by our clients, design team and custom cabinet maker.
- A warm entrance - welcome, we hope you enjoy the Delphi House.
Experience a Pacific Northwest Certified Passive House in Person
This Saturday and Sunday (September 16 & 17) Delphi Passive House will be part of the Olympia Master Builders’ 2017 Tour of Homes.
Members of our Architecture Design+Build firm will be at the Delphi House throughout the Tour, and we’re happy to discuss questions you may have.
What Does “PHIUS Certified Passive House” Mean?
PHIUS is the Passive House Institute of the United States. They are a U.S. based certification body of building science experts who peer review projects and award Passive House Certification based upon passing rigorous testing standards to ensure extreme energy efficiency and healthy indoor air quality (it’s a standard that cares about keeping the whole you healthy).
The PHIUS mission statement: “To develop and promote North American passive building standards, practices, and certifications for buildings, professionals, and products to create structures that are durable, resilient, comfortable, healthy, and super energy efficient.”
Passive House is a voluntary sustainable building standard that not all of our Passive House clients decide to pursue. Certification means that the building has passed all of the peer review phases.
**PROJECT NAME & OWNER HAVE BEEN REDACTED FOR PRIVACY**
Please Tell Us About Your Passive House Experience
Either at the Tour of Homes, or by contacting us through our website, we would love to hear your thoughts on the newest Pacific Northwest Certified Passive House.
Posted on September 12, 2017