Come visit us this weekend at the Tour of Homes! We will have our very exciting Passive House, Cedar Haus on the tour, recently completed and open to the public. Watch for the Tour of Homes insert in The Olympian on Thursday, August 13th for homes locations and driving directions, we will be at 2606 Aspinwall Road NE, Olympia 98502! The insert can also be picked up at Olympia Federal Savings locations and at the Olympia Master Builders office at 1211 State Avenue NE, Olympia. We will have our home open ONLY for the 15th -16th of August!
Last year we won Best of Show, Peoples Choice among four other awards! Come vote for your favorite home and be entered to win a nights stay and dinner for two at Little Creek Casino resort!
Cedar Haus is a stunning home, and you wont want to miss this opportunity to see it. This Passive House in the woods meets complex needs with a flexible 1,800 sf floor plan, including a luxury master suite, a chef’s kitchen, a large woodworking shop, and a two car carport. Architectural wood treatments throughout the home add dramatic appeal. The home seamlessly integrates a cedar tongue and groove ceiling with large sheltering overhangs, clerestory windows, a spruce floating ceiling feature, and cedar slat privacy screens.
- Passive House building approach, uses 1/10th the energy of a code built house
- Whole house heat recovery ventilation system continuously provides fresh, filtered air to the indoors, and recaptures energy to heat incoming fresh air
- Super-efficient, on-demand, boiler powered radiant space heating system
- Large, triple-pane windows allow for ample natural lighting in addition to being extremely efficient and outrageously comfortable - no more drafts
- Upscale, modern design softened with custom wood details both inside and out
- Striking Shou Sugi Ban and metal siding treatments
- Single story living featuring universal design principals
- Chef's kitchen with professional style appliances, sleek cabinetry, waterfall edge counter, and a custom built wood table
- Luxury master bath with body spays, designer surfaces, and heated tile floor
- Cork flooring that is sustainable. ergonomic, and healthy
- Elegant, energy saving LED lighting throughout
- Full shop below with separate electrical panel and 220 service
Come visit us this weekend at The Tour of homes!
Posted on August 14, 2015